Managing Director - Reporting to Board - Member of Senior Management Team
System Analytic, a WPP company, helps Pharmaceutical teams to identify, manage, and engage their physicians through a variety of services & tools. That''s all we do, and we excel at it. With an established client base comprising some of the world’s top pharmaceutical companies, we continue to grow and are now looking for a Managing Director to provide senior level support and leadership across a number of business areas, including Growth Management, Human Management, Project Excellence, Financial Management and Environment.
As the MD, you will be responsible for ensuring that System Analytic has the best working environment and processes and delivers on the high growth expectations we set ourselves. You will work with Department Heads to ensure everything runs smoothly and in accordance with the SA way, that opportunities are maximised and ultimately manage the implementation of business processes and strategies.
Role and Responsibilities
Principle requirements of the role fall into 5 buckets:
- Growth management –
Support the company in the development of new initiatives to achieve growth targets through the creation of new services, tools and product offerings. Ensure that our already successful existing accounts continue to be managed effectively and growth opportunities are maximised where possible.
- Human management
- Oversee, guide and support the four different teams/divisions within the company. Support and nurture staff and work with department heads to get the best performance from staff. Deal with human issues. Drive and manage staff reviews. Manage recruitment and resourcing across the company and plan for all aspects of staff costs. Ensure staff work and fit with the SA way of doing things. Have an appreciation of people, their requirements/needs, balancing firmness with flexibility. Keep employees motivated and organising appropriate training.
- Financial management
– Work with the WPP finance team and all SA Teams to oversee monthly and quarterly reporting. Ensure financial targets and other agreed targets are met by all departments. Manage monthly reporting and forecasting – working with each team. Work with all teams to implement measures and strategies for cost management and control. Support project budgeting and project profitability analysis.
- Project excellence management
– Ensure excellence in how projects are run and delivered. Advise teams on best practices, best approaches for implementing different methodologies, review results presentations for flow, story and beauty. Oversee and monitor supplier interactions and relationships with off-shore teams. Constantly review working practices to ascertain if they are successful and if not, devise an alternative.
- Environment management –
Support the creation of an environment from a holistic perspective to help our people thrive. Everything from IT coordination to organising team events.
Qualities / Abilities you must possess:
- Experience of working at a senior level either in Market Research or Medical Communications for the Pharmaceutical Industry
- An intrinsic desire to constantly improve things are you looking at – for example, to look at presentations and say: this can be improved in this particular way.
- An “operational effectiveness” eye – constantly asking: how can I improve the processes of what we do, how can I reduce costs, how can I increase profitability, how can I make things better for people.
- Maintain this operational effectiveness not only at a strategic level, but also at a tactical level. Appreciating that even smaller tactical improvements impact the big picture.
- The ability to constantly look for what’s broken, and create ideas to fix it
- Analytical - from a quantitative perspective, ability to handle numbers easily
- Ability to adapt management style for different teams within SA - i.e. four different teams with different needs, different people, different mindset, different outputs, but that all must be integrated together, whilst at the same time supporting and managing the continued sense of one team
- Ability to make good and trustworthy decisions about everything from how projects are delivered to how staff and clients are managed
The successful candidate will give us confidence that all of the above is being proactively managed, fires are being reliably fought, people are happy. They must create a feeling of support within the Senior Management team. They must help System Analytic flourish, keeping current clients happy, helping to create new clients, establishing our role in the KOL space and delivering brilliant work.
To apply, please email email@example.com
: System Analytic Limited (View all our vacancies
Unless otherwise stated, if applying for a job, you must ensure that you are already authorised to work in the country in which the job is based